VOPI™ – Not VoIP
Voice Over Private Internet, or VOPI™ Provides
The Highest IP Voice Quality & Security
- VOPI™ delivers your voice communications over the reliable private IP network.
- VOPI™, is a fully managed solution that creates quailty VoIP telecommunications.
- VOPI™ utilizes private, point-to-point circuits to carry your Hosted PBX voice communications.
VOPI™ From BroadConnect Not VoIP
Unlike consumer VoIP traveling over the public Internet, our patented and perfected method of VoIP delivers voice and data communication over a secure network that is optimized for quality. We proudly call this, VOPI™ — Voice over Private Internet.
It may seem like a typo, but VOPI™ completely transforms how Internet-based telecommunications service is offered. Voice over Private Internet, or “VOPI™, is a fully managed solution solves a lot of problems inherent in an unmanaged VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) environment.
What is BroadConnect Hosted PBX With VOPI™?
The Advantages Of Using VOPI™ Rather Than VoIP Are Enormous
Higher Call Quality
While VoIP suffers from latency, jitter and packet loss – all factors which effect voice quality, VOPI™ has far fewer issues which degrade quality. Since the voice Packets, remain on the private internet, no voice traffic travels over the public internet. This allows BroadConnect Telecom to offer an IP Based Voice solution that eliminates all the concerns regarding quality and reliability for our hosted voice services.
BroadConnect Staff Fully Supports Our VOPI™ Network
BroadConnect backs these capabilities with the most highly trained, customer-oriented employees in the industry, unprecedented reliability and disaster recovery tools, world-class support and training that helps every employee use every capability that will make their jobs easier, faster, more efficient and more cost efficient.
Denial of service attacks and other hacking can affect VoIP quality of service, as well as call flooding and call hijacking. Hackers with packet sniffers and other tools can monitor where calls are coming from and where they’re going to. At the ISP level, they can even eavesdrop on VoIP lines. Because BroadConnect Telecom’s customers’ traffic travels on its own secure network none of those threats to security or quality are factors with our VOPI™ Solution.
The Necessities of Session Border Controllers
- Service theft and fraud: When a hacker is able to gain access to a Volt system that isn’t secured properly. With a hacker being able to use the network resources the establishment ends up paying for any unauthorized charges.
- Denial-of-service (DoS) / Distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks: Attack towards DoS and DDoS find a way to flood a server of SBC’s with requests so they can actively take them out of commission. DoS attacks come from a single point or user and DDoS attacks can come from hundreds or even thousands of bots.
- Registration Storms: This is when a large amount of devices, users or bots try to register within the SIP server at the same time on a VoIP Network.
The most common reason a network outage occurs is due to an increased strain to the SIP lines by hundreds or even thousands of VoIP devices trying to reconnect and re-register on the same network at the same time.
Regardless of the reason, you can be assured that the BroadConnect Private Network has incorporated the right amount of SBC’s to manage every threat level.