a.k.a. Call Control Toolbars, Telephony Toolbars, Integrated Telephony Toolbars
What are they?
The toolbars are a set of controls that are available for Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Firefox browser, among others.
They allow you to operate your telephone without having to take your attention from your computer. You may dial, answer, place callers on hold, transfer calls and even host a conference call without having to touch your phone. You may also control many of your phone’s features, like call forwarding, call waiting, remote office, etc.
Remember, the toolbars operate the phone, like a remote control. Making a call from your computer is another matter.
The Toolbars typically appear at the top of the page:
There are two toolbars: The Call Control Toolbar and the Services Toolbar:
- Call Control Toolbar – Allows you to dial, answer, place callers on hold, transfer calls and host a conference call
- Services Toolbar – Controls all the features associated with your number, as well as providing access to phone lists and call history
How do I activate them?
If you don’t already have them installed, consult your guide or speak with your administrator to obtain the correct hotlink to download the toolbars. You will also need to know the correct username and password that was assigned to your individual account. For assistance on logging in, consult your guide or speak with your administrator.
How do I use them?
Once activated, the toolbars provide extensive functionality and productivity. It is recommended that you consult your instruction guide, but here is a number of things to improve your experience:
- Once the services are set up to your liking, clicking on a button in the Services Toolbar will turn a service on or off
- Moving your mouse over each icon will display what the button is for
- Clicking on the name of the service in the Services Menu will display what the service does